SPIS’s Truffle Cheddar makes the BEST vegan grilled cheese sandwich!
- 2 large slices vegan bread of your choice (sturdy bread is better for crunch / flavour — we prefer sourdough.
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 4-5 thin slices of SPIS VEGAN TRUFFLE CHEDDAR CHEESE
- Drizzle of truffle oil
- SPIS’s vegan truffle salami (optional)
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- In the meantime, butter both sides of your bread.
- Once skillet is hot, add your bread and lightly toast both sides (~1-2 minutes) — this develops flavour and crunch on both sides of the sandwich.
- Remove bread from the pan and place thinly sliced layers of SPIS VEGAN ruffle cheddar cheese on one side of both slices of bread, drizzle with a little truffle oil.
- Then fold the slices together to make a sandwich.
- Return sandwich to the skillet and continue cooking over medium heat, flipping a couple times until both sides are nice and golden brown and crispy, and the cheese appears melty and gooey.
- (~5-8 more minutes — lowering heat as needed if browning too quickly).
- Enjoy hot. Slice in half for serving if desired. Best when fresh!
Nutrition (1 of 1 servings)
Serving: 1 sandwich
Carbohydrates: 58.8 g
Protein: 15.2 g
Fat: 20 g